Challenge Participant

Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Love Monster and the Last Chocolate by Rachel Bright

Love Monster and the Last Chocolate

A delicious new story about Love Monster, the only monster in Cutesville, from phenomenal, award-winning picture book talent Rachel Bright! When Love Monster finds a mystery box of chocolates at his door, he can't believe his luck. But he's soon thrown into a whirlwind of turmoil. Should he keep the chocolates for himself? Or risk the perils of sharing his good fortune with his friends? This super-funny-rumbly-tummy-sherbert-explosion of a story shows that when faced with the selection box of life, following your heart will bring you the best treats of all.

 I LOVED this book !!!!! It was fantastic from the front cover right through to the end. The front cover is metallic and shiny gold and shows an adorable little love monster. The story inside is one of those that has a hidden meaning - one of those things that you want to teach children, that they need to learn, but you don't want to just tell them and hope they remember, so what is better that having a book who's story will stay with them and remind them of it years later.

I also liked the writing style of the author. As I was reading it, it was reminding me of a children's  television programme I watched as a child. "This monster ... (Hello Love monster)........ But ... wait! What was this?" I can't think what it reminds me of, but I know it was a television programme. If anyone can remember, please comment below and put me out of my misery or lost memories!

Although this book is aimed at young children it is the sort of book that I would give to my husband, along with my last chocolate, as a little gift to show him how much I love him (I must stop getting so soppy on my blog!. It is one of those books that will mean so much to lots of different ages.

I hope you can tell that I loved it and I want to buy lots of copies for all those people who I would give my last chocolate to (because I love them not because I always share chocolates you understand) and also to my children and my nieces and nephews who I want to teach to do this extra special thing to show others how much they love them (including of course their mum or auntie!)

Thank you to the publishers, Harper Collins Children's Books, for sending me the book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment