Challenge Participant

Pages

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Mog the forgetful cat by Judith Kerr

Mog the Forgetful Cat

New cover and format reissue of this classic story about everyone's favourite family cat! Mog always seems to be in trouble because she is such a very forgetful cat. She forgets that she has a cat flap and she forgets when she has already eaten her supper. But one night when an uninvited visitor turns up at the house, Mog's forgetfulness comes in very handy!

Mog is one of the most famous cats in storyland. Created by Judith Kerr, who turns 90 years old this year. To celebrate this milestone, Harper Collins Children's Books are re-releasing this beautiful hardback edition of a timeless classic.

I know many of my friends remember Mog from their childhood's and now they are becoming parents, they are again seeking this book to share with their children. I, however, can not remember Mog - might be because my parents never liked cats, I have many favourite books from my childhood, all of which I share with my children, but Mog was a new book to me when my children were young.  

Mog, is a very forgetful cat. The thing she forgets the most is the existence of her cat flap. She either forgets to go out through her cat flap, or most often, forgets she can come back in through the cat flap  However, one night, after a particularly difficult day where her family got annoyed with Mog, she frightened a burglar and woke the family who called the police and the burglar was arrested. 

This edition of the book has, as previously mentioned, been released in celebration of Judith Kerr's 90th birthday. It is a beautiful and colourful edition, a hardback and the event of the author's 90th birthday is mentioned on the inside cover flap which makes it a very special edition. I think that this would make a beautiful gift for fans of Mog, especially for a family who have  a child who may be born in 2013. 

Thank you to Harper Collins Children's Books, for sending me the book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment