Challenge Participant

Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

One Snowy Day by Tracey Corderoy (Willow Valley)

One Snowy Day - Willow Valley 5


The perfect gift for Christmas. Willow Valley is a very special place. Nestled in a hidden valley, trees of all shapes and sizes grew on the rolling green hills and pretty flowers dance in the meadows. Only the animals who live there know their way in and out, but they hardly ever want to lave because they're having too much fun ...especially now it's snowing!

I have been a fan of Tracey Corderoy for sometime and I am always amazed when I receive her latest release because she writes a wide and varied collection of books to suit many ages and reading levels, aswell as a variety of characters - be it The Grunt and the Grouch, Daisy the Duck to name but a few.

The latest book I received to review was from a series of books I had never seen before. Willow Valley sounds like a beautiful and idyllic place to live - to run in Buttercup Meadow, to explore Bluebell Wood or to meet with friends in the Village Square - the valley immediately comes to life in your imagination and readers are able to picture the village instantly.

The story is a lovely read and is great for Early Readers who are gaining confidence in reading independently. There is, however, one 'problem' I found with the stories and that are the characters names; Horatio and Riley are rather difficult names to pronounce, let alone sound out. However, this is a minor criticism and I am sure with parental help that the young children could learn the names.

This book series reminds me of one of my childhood favourites, Brambly Hedge, with its cute animals, living in a village and having adventure.

I recommend this book to animal loving children who want to read a great story independently or for adults who wish to share a story with their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment