Challenge Participant

Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues by Trisha Ashley

Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues

When Tansy Poole inherits a run-down shoe shop tucked away in the village of Sticklepond, 'Cinderella's Slippers' is born -- providing the footwear to make any fairytale wedding come true! Carrying everything a bride would want to walk down the aisle in, Tansy's shop soon expands to carry shoe-themed wedding favours, bridesmaid gifts and even delicious chocolate shoes. It's the dream destination for any shoe-lover! If only everything in her personal life could be as heavenly -- but with a fiance trying to make her fit into a size 8 wedding dress, not to mention the recent discovery of disturbing family revelations, Tansy takes refuge in the shop's success. But one man isn't thrilled by the stream of customers hot-footing it to Cinderella's Slippers! Actor Ivo Hawksley, resident of the cottage next to the shop, is troubled by a dark secret in his past and has come to Sticklepond to nurse his own broken heart. However, Ivo realises that he and Tansy have a link in their past and soon, they both find out how secrets shared can make a very strong bond indeed! Forget the Jimmy Choos, Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues is the only accessory you need for spring 2012!

When I heard about this book I was immediately looking forward to reading it. Now I have, I was definitely not disappointed. 

When I pick up a Trisha Ashley novel, I know what I am expecting  - a great read, an easy read and a memorable read!! And this book did not disappoint!!!

Trisha Ashley has picked two of a women's favourite items - chocolate and shoes and written a fantastic book to marry the two together. 

For fans of Trisha's earlier books there is a return to Sticklepond and mentions of characters from previous books. A fantastic return to the village, however you don't need to have read any of the previous books to read this one - however I am sure that any new readers will want to seek out Trisha's back catalogue to find out more from the village.  

The story focuses on Tansy who inherits her aunt's wedding shoes shop, which Tansy rejuvenates and creates a fantastic shoe shop mixing chic new designs as well as including her vintage shoe collection. However the shop sells all shoe related ephemera and I would love to visit this shop myself!

The characters are believable and all have a fantastic story to tell. I was immediately drawn to Tansy and enjoyed following her journey from the city to her successfully achieving her goal of opening 'Cinderella's Slippers'. I also enjoyed Bella's story, Tansy's assistant in the shop. 

 The book has an ending which could be continued in a future book and I really hope that Trisha includes these characters in a future return to Sticklepond. 

The book finishes with three recipes from Trisha and coupled with the delicious sounding treats throughout the book, it is definitely not a book to be read while you are hungry!

In summary, I would recommend this book is a fantastic read and should be slipped into any holiday luggage this summer!

Thank you to the publishers, Avon, for sending me the book to review. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book too and am looking forward to going to Sticklepond again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I've read one of Ashley's books and quite liked it. I might have to check this one out to see how it goes.

    New follower!
    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

    ReplyDelete