Challenge Participant

Pages

Saturday 3 September 2011

Get Ahead Fred by Daisy Dawes


The stylish man about town with a hat for every occasion. Fred is extremely proud of his hat collection. But when the Queen comes to visit Fred's hobby lands him in hot water!


As soon as I saw this book, I knew I would love it as my daughter loved to wear hats when she was very little.



The story is about a man who had lots of hats but made a mistake with his choice of hat when the Queen came to visit. 

The book is full of brightly coloured pages with photographs, hand drawn illustrations and models. There is plenty to discuss on each page, the hats alone are fantastic.


This book would make a great gift for young children or also as a book for circle or story time at nurseries, play schools or schools.



Thank you to Maverick Arts Publishing for sending me the book to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment