Challenge Participant

Pages

Friday 8 July 2011

Girl 4 by Will Carver



Detective Inspector January David has always put his professional before his private life, but the two worlds are about to clash horrifically as he visits his latest crime scene. He is confronted by a lifeless figure suspended ten feet above a theatre stage, blood pouring from her face into a coffin below. This gruesome execution is the work of an elusive serial killer. Three women from three different London suburbs, each murdered with elaborate and chilling precision. And as January stares at the most beautiful corpse he's ever seen, he detects the killer's hallmark. But Girl 4 is different: she is alive - barely. And January recognises her...


A debut novel by Will Carver and one which has left me waiting for the release of his second novel, The 2, in November 2011.


The book starts with DI January David being called to a scene where a young woman has been left in a scene which looks as if she is floating in mid air above a theatre's stage. This is the fourth scene attended by DI David and the work of a serial killer. The book follows the case to find this serial killer, and is told from many perspectives: the killer, the girls who are murdered and DI David.


I found the telling of the story through the different persons perspective very enjoyable and it kept me wanting to read more. There were many twists and turns in the book and on a couple of occassions I believed that I had worked out who the killer was, however on both occassions i was wrong and I was surprised when the killer was unmasked!


I found the book believable, I don't believe that the author took any artistic licence and spent a long time researching for the book. The plot is fast paced and with short, quick 'chapters' very quickly read.


I would recommend this book to crime and thriller lovers everywhere and I am definitely looking forward to the next book by Carver in November.


I received this book as part of the Amazon Vine program.

No comments:

Post a Comment