Challenge Participant

Pages

Thursday 21 April 2011

Royal Wedding Doodles by Katy Jackson



This is a dazzling doodle book that ties in wonderfully with the upcoming Royal wedding, capturing all the excitement and anticipation surrounding the event. From designing the dress and adding the accessories to finishing the flowers and completing the cake, there are many pretty pictures to complete and colour. Scrapbook pages are included, for sticking in mementos from the Royal wedding, to create a record of Kate and William's happy day to treasure forever.


I admit, I am looking forward to watching the Royal Wedding next Friday. As I mentioned on an earlier post, in the past I have collected books relating to the Royal Family and I have been enjoying looking at the range of books celebrating William and Catherine's upcoming nuptials.


When I was offered this book to review, I was looking forward to seeing how it would be approached.

This book has been produced by Buster Books and is perfect for young girls everywhere. The book has the feel of a wedding diary or scrapbook starting with designing an invitation, compiling a wedding list, writing your guest list, designing hats for the female guests, buttonholes for the bridegroom, the wedding dress, the cake, the wedding breakfast top table and menu. There are also places to add pictures from William and Kate's actual day. There are also spaces to add ideas about the honeymoon, postcards and the married couples new home.


It is a great idea, giving children the opportunity to design their own wedding as well as celebrate and record the actual day. Full of partly drawn pictures and frames to add your own thoughts, ideas and sketches, this will keep children occupied for hours!


I loved this book, great idea, great content and plenty of ideas given, while leaving actual details for the children to decide upon.


Thank you to Buster Books and O'Mara Limited for sending me the book to review.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea. I am still figuring out what my "Daily Doodle" will be on Friday for the Royal wedding. Maybe this book will give me inspiration. If you haven't already check out my Daily Doodle Blog http://www.thedoodledaily.com I post a new doodle every day and love it.
    I do enjoy your reviews.

    Warren
    thedoodledaily

    ReplyDelete