Challenge Participant

Pages

Thursday 14 April 2011

Olivia Paints a Mural by Ian Falconer


We have seen Olivia the Magnificent and Olivia as a ballerina, but now, in typical Olivia style, she is exploring her artistic side in this sweet and charming board book.


Olivia is a pig who has a TV series on NickJr and Milkshake (Channel 5).


This is a board book with chunky pages and bright, colourful pictures. There is quite a lot of story on each page and although this is a board book, it is recommended for children age 3+.


The story tells the story of Olivia, who visits an art gallery and on her return home decides to paint. A trip to the supermarket introduces her to murals - which Olivia wants to paint when she gets home, but she starts small, on the advice of her mother, and paints a family portrait.


I think this book is a rather complicated story for 3 year old to follow, however if they are a fan of the TV series they may enjoy it. However, as i have never seen the programme I think this book is complicated, however a lovely book for children to look at the pictures.


Thank you to Michael from The School Run Forum for sending me the book to review.

2 comments:

  1. My little one loves Olivia on the TV. I didn't realise books were available.
    Thanks for the review.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good review, not sure if my friends wee girl like this but will pass it on.

    I found you over at RISI on the Wedding Season thread, I just finished it.

    Lainy

    ReplyDelete